Friday, April 24, 2009

Interview with...MYSELF

Today I'm interviewing...Myself! I know, can you believe I managed to score such an illusive author!
Me: Brenda, I hear your 4th Love Inspired is out this month. How does that feel?
Myself: Great, unbelievable. Steeple Hill Love Inspired was my dream publisher, and now the dream is reality.

Me: Has being published changed your life?
Myself: In more ways than I could imagine. I now have an excuse for not getting the laundry done, or the dishes, or the dusting. I have an excuse for ordering pizza or serving bologna sandwiches. DEADLINE. It's my excuse for everything from messy house, being a hermit, to being a total grouch.

Me: I read on Amazon that your new book is about a jewelry designer.
Myself: Umm, no. That's Lois Richer's book, A RING AND A PROMISE, which I just read got a 4 1/2 star review from Romantic Times. You can order it in June. My book, THE COWBOY NEXT DOOR is about Lacey Gould, a character from HIS LITTLE COWGIRL. She meets the cowboy who changes her life, and gains a slightly unexpected surprise.

Me: So, do you have plans for the future.
Myself: I don't know, are you asking me to go somewhere with you?
I really think we should hang out more often.

5 comments:

Rhonda Gibson said...

Cute blog Brenda!!! I like the author you interviewed, her books are great!

Stephanie Newton said...

ROFL! I think you should interview yourself more often.

But you forgot to mention that your book got 4 1/2 stars, too.

Steph

brenda minton said...

Thanks guys, I'll let myself know that you liked it! you know, with the way the media is these days, I just wanted to make sure my words didn't get twisted.
Maybe I'm a little twisted? Or warped?

Jessica Nelson said...

Awesome interview! LOL

So the next one is about Lacey? That's cool. I liked her and wondered if she'd get her own.

So when I get published then I get all those excuses too? Wonderful. I really like the pizza one.

brenda minton said...

Jessica, YES, you get to use the excuses. I think a non-fiction book is in order. THE PERFECT EXCUSE FOR EVERY SITUATION.

And yep, Lacey's story is out now. The next cowboy book, in December, is about Clint's sister Jenna.